“We buy houses in Charlotte North Carolina!” or “Cash for houses in Charlotte” are the things you will see from billboard advertising companies that purchase properties if you’ve been driving around in Charlotte NC. But are these “We buy homes in Charlotte NC” companies credible?
How can you determine the honesty and level of credibility of these companies? Can they be trusted to do as they promise? Well, while they may all look the same at the start, we will walk you through some things to look for in a local house buying company before you should work with them.
Not all home buying companies are created equal. Buying and selling homes is a valid and respectable profession that can help communities and house sellers in many ways. But just like any other line of work – a minority of property buyers in any market are the ones who make the rest of us look bad. There are people who are really great, ethical folks who improve their neighborhoods one property at a time. And then there’s shady, dishonest people who put money ahead of the well being of their clients and who would sign the contract to sell their own grandmother with one hand while stabbing you in the back with the other – as long as they were making enough money.
We’ll help you avoid these “shady house buyers” so you can work with honest, ethical, and reputable local companies who can purchase your home for a fair all-cash offer and close on your schedule. But let’s not focus on the negative – at least not yet. First, let’s cover exactly what the best house-flippers are doing.
North Carolina Home Buyers Require Very Specific, Oftentimes Very Expensive, Education
I’ve often lamented that it’s so easy for someone to buy a book, or attend a free 4-hour seminar, and call themselves a Real Estate Investor. Our business is incredibly complex and requires a massive amount of specialized knowledge in order to be able to provide Sellers with as many win-win options as possible. There is only one nationally recognized accreditation available to Real Estate Investors, PHP, or Professional Housing Provider Certification. To obtain a PHP, you must attend classes for 60 credit hours on subjects as diverse (but crucial) as Inspections, Financing, Rehabbing, Fair Housing Law, and Ethics. A very small percentage of “Real Estate Investors” have obtained a PHP.
Reviews In Charlotte North Carolina
It’s easy for a business (or individual representing him or herself as a business) to say good things about themselves, but here’s the proof? What are others saying? Reviews of a We Buy Houses business by objective 3rd parties like Google Reviews, or reviews on the companies’ own website are the best way to tell if a company really is performing in an ethical and honest manner, as advertised. You can look up Google Reviews Here by typing in the company name.
What Reputable NC House Buyers Are Doing
- Helping folks improve their lives by accessing the money they need right away. People often need the cash in their house to cover unexpected medical expenses, or to relocate to be close to a relative. We can make that happen in just a few days, and we deliver peace of mind.
- Helping sellers get rid of a burdensome property without the hassle of having to list it with a broker and wait months and months for a sale.
- Creating local jobs. We hire plumbers, contractors, electricians, brokers, title reps, loan officers, administrators, and many other folks along the way. The average real estate transaction involves 86 people from start to finish. Our investments help create real jobs for people around Charlotte NC.
- Buying US products. We spend tons of money on materials that are made right here in the USA – that creates jobs in our timber mills, factories, supply shops, distribution centers, and more. The US economy depends on steady improvement, and that requires investment from folks like us.
- Increasing the value of Charlotte NC neighborhoods. When we improve a house, we’re helping to increase the value of the entire community. We often repair abandoned and neglected homes, turning them into beautiful homes for families. That activity strengthens Charlotte NC.
- Increasing the tax base. When a new buyer takes over one of our properties, they’ll pay a higher tax rate based on the new and improved value. Those taxes go to pay for our schools, fire, police, libraries, streets, and other valuable pieces of infrastructure. Again, improving our neighborhoods.
Pretty cool stuff, right? Lots of people think of house-flipping as a get-rich-quick scheme. That’s fueled by silly “reality” shows that amp up the drama because the reality of what we do on a daily basis is actually pretty boring. Most of our work is coordinating with lots of people to make sure things are happening on time. We have to keep track of lots of moving parts. So let’s get back to how you can use this information to find out if someone is a credible investor, and not just pulling a house buying scam.
How To Ensure You’re Working With A Reputable Local House Buyer In Charlotte
When you talk with a local home buyer to potentially purchase your property, ask them some of the questions below to ensure they’re reputable, knowledgeable, and honest. Ask open-ended questions like:
- How do you help your clients?
- What do you do for people?
- Can you tell me more about your services?
- What aspect of your business makes you the proudest?
- How would you describe your investment philosophy?
- How can I know that you’ll close on my house when you say you will?
Second, look for telltale signs of tactics that those few shady operators tend to use.
- “Kitchen table closings” – If a property buyer tries to get you to sign the deed (ownership) of your home over to them at your property, rather than a professional place like a closing attorney or title company, be leery. Most reputable house buying services will perform the actual closing of the sale at a neutral 3rd party place, like a title company. This ensures everything is done right and on the up and up.
- Pressuring you into a fast closing – If a house buyer tries to pressure you into selling your property and says that you have to make the decision today, be leery. Most reputable home buying services will make you an offer and that offer will be on the table for at least 2-7 days (minimum) for you to make a decision. The reason reputable house buying services like ours at Property Solutions, LLC do place deadlines on our offers is because the market changes and values can change week to week depending on other sales in the area, also, we purchase multiple homes a month and when we make you an offer we’re assuring you that the cash to purchase your house is ready and we’ll reserve that cash for several days so if you do want to sell your property, we can close on your schedule. If you feel the offer isn’t a fit for you, then we’ll assign those funds to help another seller with their home sale.
Sell My House In Charlotte NC
Most scammers are looking for a quick score, and not an in-depth interview. Chances are good that they’ll find excuses to get off the phone and move on to someone who doesn’t ask too many questions. True investors and homebuyers in North Carolina who run honest and ethical Charlotte NC home buying services, however, are building long-term businesses based on relationships and community development. So when you want to sell your house in NC and you’re looking at one of the “We buy homes in Charlotte NC” companies, never be afraid to ask questions!